KANSAS COLLECTION BOOKS

William G. Cutler's History of the State of Kansas


CRAWFORD COUNTY, Part 15

[TOC] [part 16] [part 14] [Cutler's History]

BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES.

WILLIAM, B. ASH, M. D., physician and surgeon, second son of W. F. and S. A. Ash, was born in Springfield, Ohio, in 1850. At the age of fourteen he removed to Kentucky, where he received a high school education, and read medicine. He attended the University of Louisville in 1873 and 1874, graduating in the latter year. He then practiced eighteen months in Kentucky, and at the end of that time came to Crawford County, Kan., and located in Walnut, and began the practice of his profession. He is a member of the I. O. O. F. and A. O. U. W., being Medical Examiner for the latter. He was married to Emma S. Dawson, third daughter of the late John Dawson, M. D. M. R. C. S., of Rangoon, British Burmah, India and has one child, named Iva Maude Eveline Ash. Mrs. Ash was born in Rangoon, British Burmah, India, went to Scotland and was educated, and came to the United States in 1876.

H. B. BELL, hardware and agricultural implements, was born in Indiana June 13, 1851. He moved to Illinois with his parents at the age of four, where he was raised on a farm and received a business education. In 1869, he came to Missouri and was on a farm in Knox County seven years in the stock business. He came to Kansas in 1876, and located in Crawford County on a farm, where he remained three years. He was then on the trail from Wichita to Fort Reno one year, and then in Elk County in the hardware and implement business two years. He then came to Walnut and opened his present business. He built a residence and owns business property in the town, He is a member of the orders of A., F. & A. M. and I. O. O. F. He was married to Miss Eliza B. Poor, of Missouri, in 1870, and has three children living--Joseph E., Emanuel and John T. Henrietta (deceased).

IRA BOYLE, Postmaster, was born in Ohio in 1840. He was raised in the agricultural business, and at the age of twenty-one he began farming for himself, and carried on that business one year. He joined the army in 1861, remaining until 1862, when he returned to Ohio, went onto a farm and remained until 1867. He then came to Missouri and farmed three years; at the end of which time he came to Kansas and located in Crawford County on a farm of 160 acres, on which he raised grain and stock. He came to Walnut in 1873 and opened a hardware business in connection with groceries, and was appointed Postmaster in 1875. Mr. Boyle is a member of the Presbyterian Church and also of the A. O. U. W. He was married to Miss Angeline Bricker, of Ohio, in 1865. They have two children--Addie A. and Burton.

JAMES COLLINS, dealer in groceries, was born in Indiana in 1844. He was raised on a farm, received a fair education, and came to Kansas in 1867 and located in Neosho County, on a farm of 160 acres. He improved this farm and remained on it six years, raising grain and stock, in the meantime running a saw mill three years. He came to Walnut in 1878, and built three houses which he now owns; he is a member of the Christian Church, and was Married to Miss Marinda Holeman, of Iowa, in 1870. They have four children--Orie, Maggie, Alma and Gussie.

EDWARD FITZGERALD, farmer and liveryman, was born in Canada in 1834. He was a farmer and teamster in Canada until 1870, at which time came to Kansas and located in Crawford County on a farm of 160 acres, which he improved and ran as grain and stock farm until October, 1882. He then bought the livery stable of Brand Bros., in Walnut, Kan., of which he is now owner. He was married to Mrs. Eliza J. Fitzgerald, of Canada, July 4, 1880, and has two step-children--Ada and James M.

WILLIS A. GAYLORD, of the firm of Bubb & Gaylord, dealers in groceries, queensware, etc., etc., was born in the State of New York in 1849. He was raised on a farm, received a business education, and in 1869 removed to Illinois, where he located on a farm and remained five years. He was in the confectionery business four years prior to coming to Kansas. After locating in Girard he was four years in the stock business, and in 1882 came to Walnut and opened his present business. He is a member of A. O. U. W., and Trustee of same. He was married to Miss Jennie C. Hutchinson, of Illinois, in 1869. They have one child--Sylvia May.

J. M. GOFF, Mayor of Walnut, and real estate and lumber dealer, was born in the State of New York December 24, 1840. He went to Wisconsin at the age of two years and was raised in that State in mercantile business, in which he engaged for himself at the age of twenty-one. He continued mercantile business until 1861, when he entered the army, remaining in the service until 1864. On leaving the army he was in business in Tennessee two years, when he returned to Wisconsin and engaged in grain business, which he carried on until 1875. He then came to Kansas and located in Walnut, Crawford County, where he engaged in real estate and lumber business, handling only his own property. In connection with Mr. T. T. Perry, of Girard, he bought the town site of Walnut (consisting of eighty acres) in 1876, and which he laid out and platted. Then in connection with Mr. Robbins he laid out an addition of thirty acres to town of Walnut in 1882. He has been School Director four years, and is member of order of Freemasons. He was married to Miss Mary F. Thomas, of Wisconsin, in 1876. They have two children--Hellen E. and George. Mrs. Goff is a graduate of the Delavan High School, Wisconsin.

P. W. HINSEN, dealer in grain and coal, was born in Missouri in 1847. He received a business education, and was in Government employ four years during the war. He then taught school in Missouri and Kansas several years; he was surveying four years and began the grain business in Sumner County, Kan., in 1874. In August, 1882, he added the coal trade to his business, and is now interested in the mercantile business in Harper and Osage Mission, Kan. He is a member of the Advent Christian Church and of the Order of Odd Fellows. He was married to Miss Minnie Van Laningham, of Indiana, in December, 1869, who died May 20, 1880, leaving Maude, Blanch and Guy. He was married to Miss Mattie Van Laningham, of Indiana, in 1881. They have one child--May.

E. B. KRENZ, owner and proprietor of commercial hotel, was born in Germany, June 2, 1849. He came to the United States with his parents at the age of five years, who located in Illinois. He began clerking at the age of fourteen, and continued it nine years, when he carried on business for himself two years, and was then employed as clerk one year. He then came to Bourbon County, Kan., and took a claim of eighty acres, upon which he lived four and a half years, raising grain and stock, and came from there in June, 1881, to Walnut, where he bought and improved the Commercial Hotel. He owns nine lots in connection with hotel. Mr. Krenz has proved to be a success in hotel business; he is a member of the City Council, and has been City Treasurer in Illinois; he is a member of Catholic Church. He was married to Miss Marie Hitchcock, of Illinois, in 1873. They have three children--Stella M., Lyman A., Chester J.

CHARLES McCULLOUGH, proprietor of the Walnut Mills Railroad, agent and telegraph operator, was born in Ohio in 1840. At the age of thirteen he went to Iowa where he received a collegeate[sic] education. In 1861, he enlisted in Company E, Eighth Ohio Volunteer Infantry. He was taken prisoner at the battle of Pittsburg Landing, April 6, 1862, and suffered all the horrors of the Southern prison pens under the command of the notorious Wing, for six months and eleven days, and was then sent home on parole until exchanged. In the spring of 1863 re-enlisted as a veteran with the rank of Sergeant, and was promoted to First Lieutenant of Company C, Seventy-first United States Volunteers. He resigned in the fall of 1864, and returned to Iowa and engaged in the lumber business, remaining in that State until 1874, when he went into a telegraph office in Decatur, Ill., and remained seven months. In the fall of 1875, he came to Kansas, where he received an appointment as railroad agent on the Missouri Pacific Railroad, with headquarters at Hepler, Kan., holding the position until April, 1882; he then bought the vacated mill of H. C. Bruner, Walnut, and in connection with Mr. Hollister fitted it up with new machinery, including three run of French buhrs, and now does a large and flourishing business, shipping large quantities of flour and meal to various points in Texas as well as supplying the home demand. Mr. McCullough also owns McCullough's Addition to Hepler, comprising twenty acres platted and laid out; a farm near the town, and a fine residence in the city of Walnut. He is a member of the Methodist Episcopal Church, and was married in 1865 to Miss Elizabeth Parrish, of Michigan, who also received a collegiate education in Iowa. Mr. and Mrs. McCullough have four children--Willie F., Sadie E., John O. and Nannie E.

DANIEL PALMER, dealer in jewelry and clocks, was born in Canada in 1837. He removed to Illinois at the age of twenty-five, where he was engaged in lumber business two years. In 1862, he joined Company E, Eighty-eighth Illinois (known as Board of Trade Regiment), and served three years. Returned to Illinois and was engaged in merchandise and traveling six years. He came to Kansas in 1872, located in Allen County, and was there engaged in building business five years. In 1877, he was ordained Baptist preacher, and was engaged in the work three years, opening his present business in 1880. Is now School Treasurer of District No. 66. Belongs to Order of Freemasons. He was married to Miss Mary Smith, of Canada, in 1857. Mrs. Palmer is also member of the Baptist Church.

J. W. PELSUE, druggist, was born in Vermont in 1844, where he was raised on a farm and received a business education. He came to Iowa at the age of seven, where he remained seven years, and was then in Missouri seven years. In 1866, he came to Crawford County, Kan., and located on farm of 160 acres, which he improved and ran as a grain and ? farm five years, coming to Walnut in 1872, where he built a store and opened present business. He has also built two residence houses; he has been Township Clerk. He was married to Miss Bell J. Horsley, of Illinois, in 1867, and has two children--Owen E. and Deck. Mr. Pelsue owns a 160-acre farm in Kansas, and also owns farm of 160 acres in Missouri, both well improved.

HENRY E. RAKESTRAW, M. D., was born in Ohio, November 20, 1850; he came to Kansas in 1871, and located at Erie, Neosho County, where he read medicine until 1873, at which time he went to St. Louis, Mo., and graduated from the Homeopathic Medical College in the spring of 1872. He then returned to Kansas and located at Walnut, Crawford County, where he is now engaged in the practice of medicine and drug business, where he has built three residences and an office. He was married to Miss Alice Dutton, of Indiana, in the fall of 1875, and has one child--Mable A.

J. A. WOOD, druggist, was born in Missouri where he was educated in the drug business and began the business for himself at the age of nineteen, which he continued in that State until he came to Kansas in 1878, and located in Walnut, Crawford County, where he bought a lot upon which he built a residence, and also bought a store, and opened his present business. He formed a copartnership with Dr. Rakestraw, August 1, 1882. He was married to Miss Callie Pollard, of Missouri, in 1876, by whom he had one child--LeRoy. Mrs. Wood died in 1878, and he was married to Miss Mollie Ash, of Osage Mission, Kan. in 1881.

BIOGRAPHICAL SKETCHES - WALNUT TOWNSHIP (ALEXANDER - KYSER).

EDMUND M. ALEXANDER, farmer and stock-raiser, P. O. Walnut, was born in Patrick County, Va., in 1826. At the age of fourteen he located with his people in Polk County, Mo., where he was actively identified with the farming till 1860, when he came to Kansas and located in Wyandotte County, and carried on farming there until 1870, when he came and located upon his present place, where he has been successfully connected with his present industry since. He married in 1852, Miss Martha Criswell, who was born and reared in Franklin County, Mo. They have two sons and two daughters--Catharine, now Mrs. Henry Hess; James, Letta and Albert. During the war he did active service in Company E, Fifteenth Kansas Cavalry, from 1863 till end of war; was honorably discharged. His farm contains eighty acres of well improved land, good buildings and an orchard of over 200 fruit trees.

L. F. BAUGH, of the firm of Baugh & Lewis, dealer in drugs, paints, oils, etc., etc., Hepler, was born in Tippecanoe County, Ind., in 1860, and removed with his people in 1866 to Benton County, Mo., where he was reared and educated. In 1879, he came here, and engaged at merchandising as clerk until 1882, when he formed the present partnership with Dr. O. F. Lewis, which he ably represents. He is an active worker in its growth and development of the social and industrial life of the place.

W. R. BOWYER, farmer and stock-raiser, P. O. Walnut, was born in Tippecanoe County, Ind., in 1858, and removed with his parents to Iowa in 1859, where they remained until 1870, when they came here and settled. He has been actively identified with his present industry since. He married in 1880, Miss Martha A. Cunningham, who was born in Lawrence County, Ill. They have one little boy--John Henry. The family are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church.

JOHN CAMBLINE, farmer and stock-raiser, P. O. Walnut, was born in Wayne County, Ind., in 1828, and was reared and educated in Tippecanoe County, where he was identified actively with the farming industry till 1868, when he located in Livingston County, Ill., and carried on farming there till 1876, when he came here, and has been successfully connected with his present industry since. He married in 1853, Miss Angeline Hays, who was born and reared in Tippecanoe County, Ind. They have a family of two sons and four daughters--Wallace F., Arthur M., Harriet A., Margaret E., now Mrs. Henry Poor; Annie and Jessie. The family are members of the Advent Church. His farm contains ninety-seven acres of improved land, well fenced, and watered and stocked; good buildings and a nice orchard.

ALBERT CHADWICK, farmer and stock-raiser, Sections 14 and 15, P. O. Hepler, was born in Licking County, Ohio, in 1839, and was connected with farming there until 1872, when he came here and located upon his present place the following year, and has been very successfully connected with his present industry since. He was married in Bates County, Mo., in 1876, to Miss Mary A. Thompson, a native of Story County, Iowa. They have a family of two daughters--Edna and Florence. During the war he did active service in the Twenty-second Ohio Volunteer Infantry. He enlisted in the Thirteen Missouri, which was afterward changed to the Twenty-second Ohio, and did service from September, 1861, until November, 1864, when he was honorably discharged from Company D, Twenty-second Ohio. Since locating here, he has worked actively in the development of the social and industrial life of his locality, and has filled the different municipal and school offices for several years. He has been a member of the A., F. & A. M. society since 1866. He is a member of the Chapter and Council of that order. He is also a member of the Grand Army of the Republic of Hepler, of Hepler Post, No. 143. His farm contains 480 acres of improved land, well fenced, watered and stocked; good buildings, and an orchard of 200 trees. He makes a specialty of stock-raising and breeding, in cattle, horses and hogs.

ALFRED J. COVER, farmer and stock-raiser, Section 17, P. O. Walnut, was born in Adams County, Penn., October 8, 1844, and removed with his people to Illinois, who settled in Knox County in 1858, where he was identified with farming until 1868, when he came here and located upon his present place, and has been successfully connected with his present industry since. He married, in 1872, Miss Frances L. Dunlap, who was born in Pennsylvania and reared in Jefferson County, Iowa. They have a family of one son and three daughters--Clarence, Della May, Mattie, Irene and Ivy Belle. The family are reared in the Protestant religion. His farm contains 80 acres of improved land, well watered, stocked and fenced, with good buildings and stables, and an orchard of well-assorted fruits.

CHARLES H. DARLING, farmer and stock-raiser, Section 9, P. O. Hepler, was born in Mills County, Iowa, in 1856, and was reared and educated there. In 1876, he came here and located upon his present place, and has been actively connected with his present industry here since. He married, in 1882, Miss Rachael Poling, who was born in Illinois and reared in Missouri. He and his wife hold to the religion of the Baptist Church. His farm contains 160 acres of improved land, well fenced, and watered and stocked; dwellings and barns and stables, and an orchard of 1,000 trees, of well-assorted fruits.

LEVI C. DUNLAP, farmer and stock-raiser, Section 17 P. O. Walnut, was born in Bedford County, Penn., in 1833. At the age of sixteen, he removed with his people who settled in Jefferson County, Iowa, where he was identified with farming till 1870, when he came here and located, and has carried on his present industry actively since. He married in 1854, in Fulton County, Penn., Miss Sarah Stallman, who was born in Adams and reared in Fulton County, Penn. They have a family of two sons and six daughters living--Frances L., now Mrs. Alfred J. Cover; Demeras J., now Mrs. Millard Payton; Mary B., now Mrs. William Marada; Alice J., Ruhama Anice, Oren Sherman, William H. and Lucy, and have buried their eighth child, Clarence Alfred, in the Horsler Cemetery, Walnut Township. During the late civil war, he did service in the Home Guards of Iowa. Family are reared in the Protestant Church. His farm contains 160 acres of improved land good dwellings and stables, and an orchard of 250 trees, of a well-assorted variety of fruits.

JAMES W. FREEMAN, farmer and stock-raiser, P. O. Walnut, was born in Warren County, Ind., in 1838, removed to Illinois with his people when quite young, who settled in Livingston County, where he was reared and educated. He was actively identified with farming there until 1875, when he came here and located, and has been identified with his present industry since. He married, in 1868, Miss Hannah Elizabeth Shireman, who was born in Pennsylvania and reared in Scott County, Ill. They have a family of three sons and three daughters--Arthur B., Daniel S., Alta E., Catharine A., James W., Jr., and Hannah Elizabeth (twins). During the war, Mr. Freeman did active service in Company G, One Hundred and Twenty-ninth Illinois Volunteer Infantry, from August, 1862, until the close of the war, when he was honorably discharged. Since locating here he has worked actively in the development of the social and industrial life of his locality. His farm contains 240 acres of improved land, well fenced, watered and stocked; good dwellings, barn and stable, and a nice orchard of well assorted fruits.

JOSEPH T. GARRISON, farmer and stock-raiser, P. O. Walnut, was born in New Jersey in 1830, and removed with his people, in 1839, to Indiana, who was settled in Bartholomew County, where he was reared and educated. At the age of twenty-two, he located in Marion County, Iowa, where he was actively identified with farming till 1867, when he came here and settled upon his present place, where he has been successfully connected with his present industry since. He married, in 1852, Miss Nancy Barnhill, who was born and reared in Bartholomew County, Ind. They have a family of three sons and four daughters--Franklin Pierce, Martha Lovina, now Mrs. Julius Forester; Sarah Margaret, Benjamin, Luella, William and George Albert. The family belong to the United Baptist Church. His farm contains 160 acres of improved land, well fenced and watered and stocked; good buildings, and a small orchard of nicely assorted fruits.

D. T. GRAHAM, of the firm of Viets & Graham, proprietors of Hepler Livery, Feed and Sale Stables. Mr. Graham was born and reared in Andrew County, Mo., and lcoated in Bourbon County, Kan., in 1868, with his people, when he was of the age of fourteen. he was actively engaged in farming and stock-raising in that county till February, 1883, when he sold his interest, pays his entire attention to his present business, in which he had formed a partnership in July 1881.

A. K. HAAG, general blacksmithing and dealer in agricultural implements, Hepler, was born in Wurtemburg, Germany, in 1855, and was reared and educated there; at the age of fourteen he engaged at the business of blacksmithing, and followed it in his native country till he was nineteen years old, when he came to America and followed his trade in Illinois till 1876. He then came here and has been successfully connected with his present business here since. He married in 1876, Miss Matilda Adler, who was born and reared in Bloomington, Ill. They have a family of one son and daughter--Albert and Sadie. His family are members of the Methodist Church. Besides his business, he has a nicely improved farm of 120 acres in Sherman Township, this county.

WILLIAM T. HARRIS, butcher and stock-dealer, Hepler, born in Cornwall County, England, in 1841, and came to America with his people, who settled in Wentworth County, Can., where he was reared and educated. At the age of twenty-two he engaged at his present business in Hamilton, Wentworth County, Can., and was actively identified with it there, till 1881, when he came here, and located and established his present business, which he has successfully carried on since. He was married in 1863, to Miss Mary Heard Wickett, who was born in Devonshire, England, and reared in Haldinand County, Can. They have a family of two sons and two daughters--Ann, William N., John B. and Ida. His family are members of the Methodist Church. He is an active member of the A. O. U. W., Hepler Lodge, No. 115.

GEORGE B. HOBART, farmer and stock-raiser, Section 34, P. O. Hepler, was born in Licking County, Ohio, in 1847, and was reared and educated there; at the age of twenty-one, he located in Cass County, Mo., and followed farming and stock-raising there until 1880, when he came to Kansas and located here in 1881, and has been actively identified with his present industry since. He married in Fort Scott, in 1880, Miss Mattie James, who was born and reared in Randolph County, Ill. They have one son--Hosea A. He and his wife hold to the religion of the Methodist Church. His farm residence contains 160 acres of improved land, well fenced, watered, and stocked, good buildings, and an orchard of well assorted fruit. He also owns eighty acres in Section 28 of this Township, which is well improved.

HENRY HOUDASHELT, farmer, Sections 11 and 21, P. O. Walnut, was born in Kentucky in 1817. He was engaged in farming in Illinois, Indiana and Missouri ten years, remaining in Illinois, on a farm, until the summer of 1878. He then came to Kansas and located on his present farm of 320 acres in Crawford County, which he bought and improved. He remained on the farm two years, and then bought an improved farm in Walnut. Mr. H. owns a fine farm of 442 acres in Illinois, which is one of the best grain and stock farms in Illinois. He was married to Miss Parmelia Franklin, of Illinois, in 1839, by whom he had three children--John, Franklin and Parmelia. His wife died in March, 1845, and he was married to Mrs. Montgomery, of Indiana, in 1847. They have three children--Henry M., Mary J. and Asberry.

HARMON H. HURST, farmer and stock-raiser, P. O. Walnut, was born in Elkhart County, Ind., in 1835. At the age of five years, he located with his people in Sullivan County, Mo., where he was reared and educated, and where he was identified with the farming industry until 1860, when he went to Warren County, Iowa, and carried on farming until 1861, when he enlisted in the army and served until 1865; removed here in 1866, and has been identified with his present industry here since. He married August 27, 1854, Miss Martha W. Norman, of Indiana, who departed this life in 1856, and is buried in the cemetery of Sullivan County, leaving one daughter--Julia F. In Dedember, 1856, he married Miss Ruth S. Huntley, of Illinois, who departed this life in 1874, and is buried in the family cemetery, leaving two sons and a daughter--Virgil H., Minnie B. and Ralph E. He was married in 1876, to Mrs. Mary F. Morrow nee Andrews, a native of Missouri. They have one son--Claude J. During the war, he did active service in Company B., Tenth Iowa, from August, 1861, until September, 1865, and was honorably discharged as a veteran of the same company and regiment. His farm contains 200 acres of improved land, well fenced and stocked, with good dwellings, barns, stables, and an orchard of 600 trees of a nicely assorted variety of fruits.

JOHN INMAN (deceased), was born in Ohio in 1830, and was reared in Indiana. At the age of twenty-one, he located in Iowa, where he carried on farming actively till the war, when he enlisted in 1862, in Company A, Thirty-third Iowa Volunteer Infantry, and did active service till the end of the war; during this time, he contracted small-pox, which left him an invalid. He died January 2, 1872, and is buried in the cemetery of this township, having moved here three years previously. His wife and three sons survive him--Louisa Jane Inman nee Chambers, was born in Ohio, and reared in Indiana; was married to the deceased in 1866. The sons are--Philander Franklin, William Henry and George Washington. The farm contains 160 acres of land, well fenced and stocked, good buildings, and a nice orchard.

HON. DAVID JOHNSON, proprietor of the National Hotel, Hepler, was born in Fayette County, Penn., in 1818, and was reared and educated in Green County, Penn. At the age of twenty, he left his native State and located in Guernsey County, Ohio, and was identified there prominently with the farming industry for fifteen years. He then went to Iowa and located in Taylor County in 1855, and carried on farming actively there till 1870, when he came to Kansas and located in Bourbon County, and carried on farming and stock-raising for twelve years, retiring from it then and engaging at his present business, which he ably represents. He married in 1839, Miss Lovina Gay, who was born and reared in Guernsey County, Ohio, and who departed this life in 1863, and is buried in Taylor County, Iowa, leaving a family of four sons and six daughters--Adeline, deceased, formerly Mrs. David Griffin, E. G.; Melissa, Mrs. J. Maroa; Jasper, Isaac Newton, Kossuth, Edith, Mrs. George Litler; Simon, Reuben, Alice, and William Rosecrans. In 1864, he married Mrs. Maudania Lester nee Jones, of Missouri. They have a family of three daughters--Mary, Minerva and Montivideo. Mrs. Johnson's family are two sons and two daughters--William Thomas, Martha Jane, now Mrs. Isaac Newton Johnson; Carrie C., now Mrs. Calvin Hancock, and George W. The family are reared in the faith of the Methodist Church. Mr. Johnson has always worked actively in the development of the public, social and industrial life of his locality since coming here. He served the 36th District of the State for Bourbon County in the Legislative Assembly of 1874; has filled the office of Justice of the Peace for many years, and has been active in many minor municipal and school offices during his residence in this locality.

WILLIAM KYSER, Principal of Hepler School, was born in Livingston County, Ill., in 1856, and removed to Kansas, with his people, who settled in this county, where he was reared and educated; received his education in the public schools of this county, attending the normals as opportunities offered. At the age of twenty, he engaged at his present profession, and has been very reputably connected with it in the county since. He married in 1875, Miss Ella M. Vorheis, who was born in Jefferson County, Iowa, and reared in this county, her people having settled here in 1870. Mr. and Mrs. Kyser have a family of two sons--George and Frank. The family are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church. He is an active member of the A. O. U. W. society, and Hepler Lodge, No. 115. He owns eighty acres of nice land in Section 35, Walnut Township, undergoing general improvement.

[TOC] [part 16] [part 14] [Cutler's History]