KanColl: The Kansas 
Historical Quarterlies




Addendum to Volume VIII

1939 (Vol. 8)
Transcribed by lhn;
digitized with permission of the Kansas State Historical Society.





     Page 140, paragraph two: The Iowa Indians were still living on their lands in northwestern Missouri in 1835, when missionary work among them was begun by the Presbyterian church. In the summer of 1837 the tribe was removed to a new tract in the northeastern part of present Kansas and the mission was then established near present Highland, Doniphan county, by Samuel M. Irvin, who had been sent to the tribe by the Presbyterian Board of Missions in the spring of that year, and had removed with them to the new location.



Go to cover page for this issue     Go to KHQ main page