1. Upon discovering an approaching team, the automobilist must stop off-side and cover his machine with a blanket painted to correspond with the scenery.|
2. The speed limit on country roads this season will be a secret,and the penalty for violation will be $10.00 for every mile the offender is caught going in excess of it.
3. In case an automobile makes a team run away, the penalty will be $50 for the first mile, $100 for the second, $200 for the third, etc., that the team runs; in addition to the usual damages.
4. On approaching a corner where he cannot command a view of the road ahead, the automobilist must stop not less than 100 yards from the turn, toot his horn, ring a bell, fire a revolver, hallo, and send up three bombs at intervals of five minutes.
5. Automobiles must always be seasonably painted, that is so they will merge with the pastoral ensemble and not be startling. They must be green in spring, gold in summer, red in autumn, and white in winter.
6. Automobiles running on the country roads at night must send up a red rocket every mile and wait ten minutes for the road to clear. They may then proceed carefully, blowing their horns and shooting Roman candles.
7. All members will give up Sunday to chasing automobiles, shooting and shouting at them, making arrests, and otherwise discouraging country touring on that day.
8. In case a horse will not pass an automobile, the automobilist will take the machine apart as rapidly as possible and conceal the parts in the grass.
9. In case of an automobile approaching a farmer's house when the roads are dusty, it will slow down to one mile an hour, and the chauffeur will lay the dust in front of the house with a hand sprinkler worked over the dash board.